Friday, May 16, 2008

Murphy's Law

[This cartoon is by Dave Walker.]

Remind me to keep my big mouth shut!

Every single time I say something like, "Oh, things are going so well for us right now. I am so grateful. Everything is going right," everything turns to shit. You too? I find myself sometimes driving along thinking, "Scott and I don't really fight anymore." Pull into the driveway, walk into the house, have big fight. Or, "It's such a relief to be able to pay all my bills now and have a little extra money." Open mail, huge unexpected bill and no way to pay it.

This week, I was driving along thinking, "Boy, Spring is so beautiful. I haven't been sick in a while. It's so weird how people get Spring colds. Why would you get a cold in the Spring? I feel great." Within ONE DAY, I was totally socked with a sinus infection from inhaling massive amounts of pollen, and now for the third day, I can't breathe, my throat is killing me, head has been pounding, my nose won't stop running, I am sneezing, and generally feel like shit.

Seriously, Allison, shut the heck up!!!!

Achooo!

No comments: