Marie is one of my favorite e-people and her blog is a wonderful mixture of poetry, beautiful photographs from her life in England, great foodee delights and recipes (she's a chef), and inspirational thoughts. There is something for everyone at A Year From Oak Cottage. Everyone is welcomed there.
She gave me this:
1. Put the Logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded it to you.
3. Nominate at least 7 other bloggers.
4. Add links to those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs.
*Kristin H. at Jilli Java and the Garden of Eden: she offers insightful, honest views on life that challenge you to think and develop compassion. And she's funny!
*Mama Zen at The Zen of Motherhood: she's a mom with all that who tells it like it is, and often has hysterical photos of her little girl.
*Bella at Beyond the Map: she writes really deep and poetic words about finding one's place in the world.
*Karen Maezen Miller at Cheerio Road: an interesting author and momblogger who can tell you all about living Zen.
Here are the rules for the Arte y Pico Award:
1) Award five blogs that contribute to the blogging community through creativity, design, and interesting material, regardless of language.
2) Name each of the five blog authors and provide a link to his or her blog.
3) Award recipients must show the Arte y Pico Award image and the name of the award-giving blog author, as well as the award-giving blog author’s blog link.
4) Award recipients must provide a link to the Arte y Pico blog.
5) Award recipients must show these rules.
I probably won't notify but am going to nominate because these are my favorite creativity-inspiring blogs (and people):
*Scott at Rock, Water and Light
*Allie Anne Photography
*Homemade by Jill
*Jessica at How About Orange
*Steven at Virginia Journal
*Carolyn at Sweet Home and Garden Chicago
*and, of course, the geniuses at Shoeboxblog
As I'm working on this post, Scott is watching a segment on the National Geographic channel about birds on the Galapagos Islands. I had to stop to watch the ridiculous and endearing mating dance of the Albatross pair, who will become lifelong mates. V sweet.
Quote of the day (from the show "Galapagos" on NGEO):