Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Back to the Audubon Trails

We went back to the Audubon trails after Scott got home from work. I had a long day of job hunting and was just getting ready to go to the grocery store when he arrived. I was glad to be distracted and taken to somewhere lovely to wander as the sun set. I practiced my "ant's eye view" again.

I have been v interested in bugs lately - which is not at all like me - and fascinated with photographing them.

I think this little bug is a lightning bug.
And a beautiful bee - click to enlarge.

Here's a mystery bug. What great antennae!
Everything in these fields smells so sweet. It's a heavenly summer scent. I could drink it in.

The photographer...
It was easy to lose time there. Everything was interesting.
I think this is a strange insect of some sort. Anyone seen it before?
The clouds rolled in the most majestic ways tonight as the sun set.

Upside down, and right side up.
The sun sets.
So easy to feel loved, so simple to be grateful on a night like this.
Happy Tuesday to you.
~Allison

3 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Beautiful pictures Allison. I never feel closer to God than when I am communing with Nature. TO be so surrounded by little miracles is just too awesome for words. How can anyone see all this and not feel His presence?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the ones with the bugs!

Anonymous said...

The bugs are great - I like the bee in the purple flower best.

Looks like an awesome spot to lose time in for a few hours!