Monday, December 15, 2008
Honesty is the best policy (and it could win you stuff)
THANK YOU, KRISTIN, for this great award! Since my name means "truthful," I take the Honest Scrap (or honest crap) award as a high compliment. XO
10 Honest Things About Myself:
1. I have become neurotically afraid of bees in the last few years, reverting to my childhood fear of bees.
2. I hate being fat.
3. I miss smoking every single day. In my nighttime dreams, I always smoke.
4. I have a false tooth.
5. I have desperately wanted to bear children for the last twelve years. I am wondering if that desire has begun to run its course.
6. I was too afraid to enter competitive gymnastics, and thus ended my gymnastics career at age 12. I have always regretted that.
7. I wish I had more sex.
8. I have fibromyalgia. No, it is not a myth. It is not a psychological disorder. It is a possibly-degenerative, chronic physical condition. And it hurts.
9. I secretly don't believe my father is dead. He is probably just on a long fishing vacation. Let me think this. Just let me.
10. I am secretive. (Okay, Laurel? I admit it.) Though I am very honest and open, I always have control over what spills out...and some things hopefully never will.
My favorite honest bloggers, to whom I give this award:
1. Kristin at Jilli Java and the Garden of Eden - she is truthful and realistic, with a dash of hopeful; she tells a brave story of recovering from drowning in alcohol. You go girl.
2. Marie at A Year From Oak Cottage - in her cooking, love of family and friends, acceptance of all walks of life, and spiritual side, she does not mince words. But she does mince garlic, and you gotta love a girl for that.
3. Scott (my dear husband) at Rock, Water and Light, for he conveys truth through his photographs, capturing the beauty of this harsh and wonderful world.
4. Mama Zen at The Zen of Motherhood, for she is hysterically funny, irreverent and joyful. And she loves her family.
5. Bella at Beyond the Map, and though she stopped writing, you can still read previous pages of her inner struggles - she is painful, thoughtful, and searching through her lyrical prose.
6. Steve at Virginia Journal, who explores the world with photography; he has exquisitely beautiful macro work, as well as delightful photos of children and animals.
7. Karen at Cheerio Road - a Zen practitioner and published author, she is a great writer. I appreciate her willingness to share imperfect moments - that is priceless, and it enables me to receive her spiritual guidance.
Good people. Check them out.
Rules for the recipients:
♥ list 10 honest things about yourself
♥ pass the award onto 7 blogs that you find brilliant in their content or design
♥ link to the blogger who gave you this prize
♥ link to the blogs receiving the prize
♥ notify the recipients