Sunday, July 25, 2010
Great things I did on my summer "vacation"...
...and it's not even half over yet!
1) Went on a 3,008-mile road trip with Scott to visit friends, family, grandkids, and an old college buddy.
2) Had dinner in Andover with Kel.
3) Talked on the phone regularly with Robin in Canada.
4) Helped Laurel and Conrado (and Bumbers) move into their first new home!
5) Went surfing with Scottie and Mattie in Hull at the wonderful (and missed) Nantasket Beach...followed up by dinner at our favorite Indian restaurant, Punjab Cafe in Quincy.
6) Went kayaking on a beautiful mountain lake with Barb and Ted.
7) Planted flowers on Dad's pretend grave for Father's Day and introduced Scott to the Concord Beef & Seafood store. (And later, the quirky, strange and delicious Gas Lighter Restaurant, which has a Ms. Pac Man machine!!!...I am in heaven.)
8) Hiked up to the Canterbury Water Tower with Izzy and Tammy.
9) Doggie-sat for Dufus, our favorite canine neighbor.
10) Went to Beech Hill Farm (to visit our favorite goats and their new goat-lings, donkey, and ice cream barn), and to Dimond Hill Farm for incredibly fresh and delicious produce.
11) Started going weekly to the Concord Farmers' Market, and sometimes the Art Market and other local farm stands.
12) Went to the wonderful hidden treasure, the Mill Brook Gallery and Sculpture Garden.
13) Took photographic adventures with Scott, including Merrill Pond and Bear Brook State Park, to name a few.
14) Saw the hysterical musical, "A Year with Frog and Toad," and yes, I said Frog and Toad.
15) Had a great Fourth of July with Mom, Laurel and family, and Scott, including swimming at the pool AND Lake Winnisquam, and fireworks in downtown Laconia.
16) Swam in the Merrimack River with Mom and Scott on a lazy hot afternoon.
17) Went to warm and inviting gatherings with White Mountain Sangha.
18) Enjoyed backyard-neighbor barbecues and fellowshipping.
19) SWAM IN OUR NEW POOL!!!!
20) Just enjoyed a wonderful and too-fast weekend at Grape Island in Maine with Laurel & Co. and Laurel's family, including old summertime friends and Conrado's sister Shanti (whom we just love).
What am I missing? I'm sure I'll remember some other fun soon.
I am blessed and grateful.
(photo by Scott Snyder)