Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Things That Are Great About an Old Friend Visiting
1. She wants to look at my wedding albums...again. :)
2. She brings her children, who are beautiful, creative mixtures of her and her husband's personality. Yet they are also unique, interesting, and delightful in their own rights.
3. Wilbur Chocolate Buds. Mmm.
4. She knew me when. (And still comes to visit.)
5. She remembers the context for all my stories. So when we stay up until 1 a.m. talking each night, we cover a lot of ground!
6. She stopped judging me years ago. She just loves me.
7. I can confess my deep darks, like baby insanity and grief stories and how I accidentally got fat.
8. I remember when she was several different variations of herself and have perspective on how far she's come and how much she's grown.
9. I remember when she was heavier, so I always like to remark on her beautiful, svelte looks! And her new post-baby, sexy curly hair. Who doesn't love those compliments?
10. When she leaves, I know she'll be back. And she knows I really want to come visit her house too.
The best thing is how we can jump right in, as if a year hasn't passed.
(photo not taken by me)
Good, good friend. So glad for the visit.